At ThinkingKap, our primary focus is taking mundane content topics and creating compelling learning experiences for our clients. This requires creativity to execute creative solutions efficiently and within the functional parameters of the eLearning development tools. The eLearning Developer will be expected to work within ThinkingKap's established project process, collaborate with Instructional Designers and other team members, develop "clean" and error-free courses, and meet all project deliverables.
We're continuing to grow, and as such, we are looking to add a professional eLearning Developer to design and develop these compelling learning experiences. This role is a full time contract position (1099), with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent full time role with ThinkingKap.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Author eLearning content in Articulate Storyline, following all development standards for color scheme, graphic design, and functionality
- Build the conceptual design of new interactions
- Demonstrate understanding of eLearning development principles, and how those may affect the strategy used to build a specific interaction
- Collaborate with Instructional Designers in all phases of the development and review cycle
- Maintain current knowledge of eLearning industry and technologies
- Develop courses at a variety of sophistication levels, based on client's budget and overall project scope
This position requires a bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Training and Development, or related field, or an equivalent combination of technical certifications/experience.
- 4+ years of eLearning/multi-media development
- Strong attention to details
- Extensive experience with Articulate Storyline
- Graphic design / editing skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of LMS systems and creating AICC/SCORM compliant content that functions within an LMS
- Visual design knowledge and experience in how to create a visual experience that supports course content
- Passion for learning and acquiring new skills and learn new technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks